Carlos De Leon - Rasa Tantra
24-29 June 2020| Greece
24-29 June 2020| Greece
Rasa = juice, essence, or a state of consciousness sustained by a specific emotional experience.
Tantra= flow, expansion, weaving, continuity, can also refer to a text or an experiential knowledge of transformation.
Rasa Tantra is therefore the knowledge of using our emotional states for our transformation.
In Rasa Tantra there are 10 Rasas or emotional states of consciousness
that sustain our karmic patterns and behaviors.
Some of these Rasas cause unpleasant experiences and generally
unwanted and rejected by the person, and there are also Rasas that we
generally describe as desirable, pleasant and even that provide us with "peak" experiences in our life.
The most common rasas are 9:
love, joy, wonder, courage, calm, anger, sadness, fear and disgust, and the most rare and in fact produced by
the mature experience of the previous 9, is Devotion, the Rasa associated with a state of divine communion and liberation.
Rasas are one of the main forces or Shaktis that keep the individual fighting in karmic duality.
Rasas are also the forces of movement and transformation of the
personality of being. Without these there would be no evolution and
the internal force that drives the individual to change.
In Rasa Tantra we learn to:
1. Recognize Rasas and its importance in our lives.
2. Transcend the duality of our experience.
3. Use the power of Rasas to transform our experience.
4. Live our life by consciously shading it with the Rasas of our
5. Use them as a release vehicle.
Rasa Tantra technology includes two paths:
A. Tapasya Rasa: the discipline of using resistance to emotions to bring
observation, control and transcendence of them.
B. Rasavatam: the alchemical technology of emotions.
In this teaching cycle, we associate each Rasa with a male and a female
Ishta Devata, as follows:
The selected Devis are the 9 forms of Durga and the tenth is the main Durga, who represents the Great Mother, the primordial Shakti.
The work will be presented in two retreats; In the first we will work
with the first 5 Rasas and the last 5 in the second.
What can we expect in the retreats?
• Presentation of the necessary tantric bases.
• Introspection processes and recognition of Rasas in our experience.
• Psycho-body therapy processes.
• Greater understanding of our Neurosis and how it limits our
experience and possibility of Liberation (Moksha).
• Tantric practices of skillful means, to improve our daily living
• Cultivate our Bhakti or Devotion.
The Ishta Devata in Jungian terms is an archetypical meditative symbol
that acts as a powerful tool of transformation of our psyche In order to
reach in an easier way the experience of the Self, our True Nature.